Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Perfect Garlic Press

I love it when designers get it right! And the designers at Dreamfarm get it right most of the time.
Now they've designed what I consider to be the perfect garlic press and they cleverly call it Garject.
I love Garject. Clever name too: it's a garlic gadget that ejects the skin...



I love Garject because it works. We eat a lot of garlic. Who wouldn't if they knew all the health benefits it provides? So I've tested and destroyed a lot of garlic presses over the years– one literally fell apart in two perfect pieces the first time I test-pressed it!

Garject is heavy-duty and strong enough to hold and squish Simon's (my local organic garlic grower) fresh organic garlic cloves. Here's what it does:
presses unpeeled garlic
scrapes itself clean
ejects the peel

In fact, the peel comes shooting out like a bullet. So have the composting bin ready!
Best (well not best, but up there) of all? It rinses clean and is dishwasher safe.

Now that's a new spin on an essential tool.
Check out some of my other Dreamfarm favourites: scizza, tapi, smood or teafu...


4 comments:

  1. Oooo I need a need garlic press! Good share! thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For all the lame presses I've bought, I think this one will be worth it. Let's hope it will stand up over time and prove to be my last buy. The only other press that comes close is the OXO heavy-duty one. p

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garlic press can a grater be used instead of the press http://www.immortalltyherbs.com/2013/02/the-8th-rib-tonic.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete

copyright

All photographs and recipes are original and copyrighted to Pat Crocker. Pat invites you to use her recipes and share with family and friends. Please contact Pat Crocker for express permission for commercial, internet, or other use of her photographs and recipes.